If you are experiencing an unplanned outage please contact MainPower on 0508 60 70 80.
Be aware of the following:
- Treat any fallen power lines as live at all times.
- Move back at least 10 metres, and keep everyone, especially children and animals, well clear of the area.
- If someone is injured phone for an ambulance immediately by dialing 111.
- Stay clear of an injured person in contact with power lines/pole, unless MainPower confirms the power is off.
- If overhead power lines are hanging lower than usual, contact MainPower for assistance.
Make sure your home and business is prepared to manage power cuts – keep a torch and battery radio handy and charge your mobile phone often.
MainPower provide a 24 hour fault response service. Some fault response services may incur a cost, though this is generally only the case when the customer's property or actions have caused the fault.