MainPower wishes everyone a safe and happy holidays. Check out the tips below to keep yourself and your family safe around electricity this summer:
- Switch off non-essential electrical appliances at the wall before you go on holiday.
- Look up and look out for overhead power lines before moving trailers, machinery or boats.
- If you’re planning to use the caravan over the break, make sure the electrical warrant of fitness is current.
- Use a residual current device (RCD) when working with electricity outdoors or near water.
- Make sure you call MainPower for a free electricity disconnection before starting work around or near power lines.
- Dial before you dig. Make sure you locate any buried cables or services before digging by calling MainPower on 03 311 8300 (during office hours).